Wednesday, February 20, 2008

The Doctor Who Cures Cancer press release question



For two years I slept on a friend's sofa bed and worked as a substitute transit bus operator to give me the freedom to research and write The Doctor Who Cures Cancer. After that is when the trouble started.

After 12 years of being stymied by my publisher who sat on my book because I wouldn't accept a 65% reduction in royalties (he almost exclusively limited his sales to retail sales) the book is out once again and under my control as a softcover book!

During that time, another 6 million cancer patients died without access to this information. Millions more suffered immeasurably from their treatments. And so did their families.

How many tears? One is too many, isn't it.

Meanwhile, the book was mysteriously translated into Russian where 10,000 copies were sold back in 1999. I learned of that little episode less than two weeks ago. This helped create the demand for a clinic in Kiev which is now in operation, according to my Russian source.

I truly believe the same will happen wherever the book is read. For instance, two physicians contacted me years ago even with the tiny bit of circulation of my book here in the US previously.

Although it didn't go anywhere, two readers also contacted me about making a movie. One was a producer for a cable TV show. The other was a very wealthy attorney who lived on the beach in South Florida.

So here's my question regarding a press release: Do I use that information to create a storyline or just write something about the content of the book?

What would be the most appealing to you? And what would appeal most to the journalists in the media who respond to press releases?

The best to you.

Kelley
---------------------------------------
Kelley Eidem is the author of The Doctor Who Cures Cancer and It's Not Just For Sex.
Your comments and signature lines are welcome.

Labels: , , , , ,

1 Comments:

At June 8, 2008 at 7:00 PM , Blogger Alida Antonia Cornelius said...

I totally believe what you say. My sister is a teaching physician at St. Louis University.

Everyone has cancer cells in them. It all depends on your diet and how your treat your body to help keep the cells from growing.

Cancer Cells FEED on sugar.

The American diet and the fast foods are going to give people cancer before their time.

I believe you.

Alida Cornelius

My blog is here. Nice to meet ya!
http://t-shirtstalkandtimeonmyhands.blogspot.com/

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home